Do you want to be part of a new, fast-growing global company delivering the next generation of software solutions for the financial services industry?
As a spin-off from SAP (a market leader in enterprise application software), SAP Fioneer builds on a heritage of outstanding technology and a deep understanding of corporate and consumer demands. This gives us a head start to bring financial services to the next level with innovative software solutions and platforms. We are helping companies in the financial services industry to achieve speed, scalability, and cost-efficiency through digital business innovation, cloud technology, and solutions that cover banking and insurance processes end-to-end.
SAP Fioneer is a global company with subsidiaries in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, UAE, Canada, US, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Australia, India, Singapore. Our rapid growth, great team and lean organization make SAP Fioneer a great place to accelerate your career!
ABOUT YOU AND OUR TEAM
You love to build beautiful fast code using the latest development processes and technologies. You find it exciting to rise to the challenge of new problems and want to see your code improving the lives of our customers (and their customers) every day. You believe that code only leads to our customer’s success when its tested thoroughly and it gives you confidence to run your code through advanced automation and fast deployment pipelines. You don’t settle for the status-quo, so you challenge yourself and those around you to always improve in every aspect of our work – and you support others in being their best self every step of the way.
As a part of the Toronto engineering group, you will develop microservices, beautiful UX and top-notch automation using technologies like Angular, React, Kotlin, Java and Kubernetes. You will continually improve your craft by learning from others and you love to share what you’ve learned with your peers.
We’re a passionate and fun team, working in a casual environment, for a company that believes in our value and loves new technology. Our team works with some of the largest and most important financial services customers in the world. Together we will build the next generation of financial services software solutions. We are an Agile shop, who believes that people more than process bring the most value to the customer while making all our lives better.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Learn and introduce the team to new technologies that improve performance, allow new features or improve our processes
- Build features optimized to work in modern flexible cloud environments
- Strive for automated test coverage for every line of code using the best unit testing, contract testing and UX testing technologies available for the job
- Work with other amazing developers through code reviews and design sessions to create the best code possible
- Investigate bug reports from your customers and deliver solutions to their real-world problems
- Take ownership of customer success by focusing on their needs when we design features, write code, write tests, and fix bugs
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience with software development concepts and the software development lifecycle
- Eager to learn and passionate about software technologies
- Good communication and teamwork skills, able to understand others’ ideas as well as articulating your own effectively
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and microservice design concepts
- Development experience with both front-end and back-end programming languages
- Continuous integration pipelines and cloud software delivery (CI/CD)
- Developing and deploying solutions on any cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Istio
- Experience with frameworks like Spring Boot and OData
- Experience working with databases and SQL (PostgreSQL, HANA, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of development and scrum tools like JIRA, GitHub and GitHub Actions
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work together with some of the smartest professionals on a very ambitious project and to help shape the rapidly changing financial landscape, while advancing your career
- We combine a pragmatic, fast-paced start-up culture with years of development expertise, strong reputation in the market, and a long-established customer portfolio
- Growth opportunities based on performance and personal career goals, as well as the space to bring new ideas, drive innovation and challenge the status-quo
- An attractive compensation package
SAP FIONEER’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP Fioneer invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.